Do you have a Husky? If so, you know that they are a special breed of dog that requires a special diet. In this post, I will discuss the 5 best dog foods for Huskies.
I will also provide information on what to look for when choosing food for your Husky and how to choose the right food for your dog’s individual needs.
And, I’ve also added a buying guide below, so you can buy dog foods on your own as well. Therefore, don’t forget to scroll through the end of this post.
Top 5 Best Dog Food for Huskies: At The Glance
Here’s a list of the top 5 food products that are fully suitable to consume for huskies.
For your convenience, I have listed them down below so you can take a look at them in brief:
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain-Free Adult Dog Food
- Wellness Complete Health Chicken & Rice Recipe
- Merrick Grain-Free Real Texas Beef + Sweet Potato Recipe
- Whole Earth Farms Grain-Free Recipe
- Acana Regionals Wild Atlantic Dry Dog Food
Top 5 Best Dog Food for Huskies (Detailed Review And Analysis)
In this particular subsection, I’ll go over the detailed examination of the 5 products that I have decided to recommend to you.
1. Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain-Free Adult Dog Food
Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain-Free Adult Dog Food is a premium-quality dry food that’s designed to keep your adult dog healthy and happy.
It’s made with high-quality ingredients including real chicken, and it doesn’t contain any grains, so it’s perfect for dogs with sensitive stomachs. Plus, it’s enriched with omega fatty acids and antioxidants to help support your dog’s immune system.
- Natural Nutrition with real Chicken as the first ingredient
- High protein grain-free formula made with no grains, potatoes, corn or wheat
- Contains Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids to help promote skin and coat health
- No artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors
- Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals for overall good health
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin help support joint health and mobility
- Made in the USA from select ingredients sourced around the world
- Provides the natural nutrition that your adult dog needs to stay healthy and active throughout life.
- A grain-free diet ensures that your pet’s digestive system is not weighed down by unnecessary carbohydrates.
- Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids promote healthy skin and coats.
- With no artificial ingredients, you can be sure that only natural nutrition is entering your dog’s system.
- Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to help maintain overall health and vitality.
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin help support joint health and mobility as they age.
- Made with the highest quality ingredients that are sourced from around the world for a great taste your pet will love!
- For adult dogs, feed 1.5 to 2.5 cups per day depending on the size and activity level of your pet.
- Divide into two meals throughout the day for best results.
- Always ensure that your dog has access to fresh, clean water at all times.
- For pregnant or nursing females, feed up to three times the normal amount.
- Monitor your pet’s weight and adjust feeding amounts accordingly.
- Consult with a veterinarian before changing diets or adding supplements to your dog’s diet.
2. Wellness Complete Health Chicken & Rice Recipe
Wellness Complete Health Chicken & Rice Recipe is perfect for adult dogs. The recipe is made with real chicken and rice, and it’s formulated with essential vitamins and minerals to help support your dog’s overall health.
Wellness Complete Health Chicken & Rice Recipe also contains omega fatty acids and glucosamine to help promote healthy skin and joints.
- Provides complete and balanced everyday nutrition for adult dogs
- Real chicken is the first ingredient for a great source of protein
- Without any corn, wheat, or soy ingredients
- With antioxidants to help support a healthy immune system
- Nutritious whole grains provide natural fiber
- Omega 6 & 3 fatty acids help maintain skin & coat health
- Real chicken is the first ingredient
- Grain-free recipe helps remove common food allergens
- Includes omega 6 and 3 fatty acids for skin & coat health
- Antioxidants to help support a healthy immune system
- No corn, wheat, or soy ingredients
- Provides all essential vitamins and minerals for adult dogs
Recommended daily feeding amounts are based on the ideal body condition of your dog. It is important to maintain a lean body and adjust portions accordingly if needed. Always remember to provide plenty of fresh water for your pet.
- Dog’s Weight (lbs) Cups/Day
- 4 – 10 lb 1/2 – 1 cup
- 11 – 20 lb 1 – 2 cups
- 21 – 35 lb 2 – 3 cups
- 36 + lb 3 + cups
3. Merrick Grain-Free Real Texas Beef + Sweet Potato Recipe
Merrick Grain-Free Real Texas Beef + Sweet Potato Recipe is a healthy, nutritious meal for your dog. Made with real beef and sweet potatoes, this recipe is perfect for dogs with food allergies or sensitivities.
It is also grain-free, making it a healthy option for dogs who are intolerant to grains. This recipe also features chelated minerals and probiotics for added nutritional benefits. And because it is made in the USA, you can be sure that your dog is getting a high-quality meal.
- Real beef is the first ingredient
- Grain-free and gluten-free recipe
- Potato and sweet potatoes provide natural sources of carbohydrates for energy
- No wheat, corn, or soy ingredients
- Added vitamins and minerals keep your pet in top condition
- Essential fatty acids from real beef help promote healthy skin & coat.
- Natural antioxidants from fruits & vegetables support overall health.
- Vitamins & chelated minerals improve nutrient absorption.
- Merrick Grain-Free Real Texas Beef + Sweet Potato Recipe should be fed according to your pet’s age, weight, and activity level.
- Daily feeding amounts can be adjusted up or down depending on your pet’s individual needs.
- It is important to always provide access to clean, fresh water.
- When transitioning to a new food, we suggest blending increasing amounts of the new food with decreasing amounts of the previous food over a 7–10 day period.
4. Whole Earth Farms Grain-Free Recipe
Whole Earth Farms Grain-Free Recipe is a premium dog food that is made with all-natural ingredients. It is perfect for dogs who have a grain allergy or sensitivity, as it is grain-free.
Whole Earth Farms Grain-Free Recipe also features a high-quality protein blend, as well as omega fatty acids and antioxidants for healthy skin and coat.
- Made with high-quality, protein-rich ingredients
- Grain-free recipe
- Contains real meat as the first ingredient
- Rich in essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants for overall health and wellbeing
- No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- Balanced nutrition for all life stages of dogs and puppies
- Available in both wet and dry formulas to suit your pet’s needs
- Well-balanced nutrition for dogs and puppies of all life stages
- Contains real meat as the first ingredient
- Grain-free recipe to help dogs who have sensitivities or allergies to grains
- Rich in essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants which help support a healthy immune system
- No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- Available in both wet and dry formulas to offer variety and suit your pet’s needs.
- For dogs that weigh 3-9 lbs. – Feed 1/3 to 1 can per day (3 oz. can).
- For dogs that weigh 10-15 lbs. – Feed 1 to 1 ½ cans per day (3 or 5.5 oz. can).
- For dogs that weigh 16+ lbs. – Feed 2 or more cans per day (3 or 5.5 oz. can).
- When switching your dog’s diet, mix increasing amounts of Whole Earth Farms with decreasing amounts of their current food over a 7–10 day period until the transition is complete.
5. Acana Regionals Wild Atlantic Dry Dog Food
Looking for nutritious, all-natural dog food that will help keep your pup healthy and happy? Look no further than Acana Regionals Wild Atlantic Dry Dog Food. This food is made with fresh, regional ingredients – including wild-caught fish – and is free of grain, gluten, and other fillers.
It’s also rich in healthy omega-3 fatty acids to promote a healthy coat and support joint health. Plus, it’s low in carbohydrates to help maintain a healthy weight. Your dog will love the taste of this food, and you’ll love knowing that he’s getting the best possible nutrition.
- Made with fresh, local ingredients that deliver a nutrient-dense diet for dogs of all ages and breeds.
- Features premium proteins such as wild-caught herring, hake, and flounder.
- Includes regional fruits and vegetables like apples, blueberries, cranberries, and pumpkin.
- Free from grains, potatoes, and tapioca.
- Rich in essential fatty acids Omega 3 & 6 for skin and coat health.
- Contains prebiotic fiber to promote healthy digestion.
- Added probiotics to promote healthy gut flora.
- Balanced mineral levels for strong bones and teeth.
- Blended with vitamins A, C, and D
- Grain-free and rich in protein for healthy muscles.
- Contains essential fatty acids for a glossy coat and healthy skin.
- Includes natural prebiotics and probiotics to support digestion.
- Balanced mineral levels for strong bones and teeth.
- Blended with vitamins A, C, and D to promote overall health.
- Provides a nutritionally balanced diet that is free from artificial preservatives, colors or flavors.
- Delicious taste and texture that dogs love!
- For puppies, feed up to twice the adult amount.
- Monitor your dog’s weight and adjust food intake accordingly.
- Transition gradually over a 7-day period when switching foods. We recommend mixing increasing portions of Acana Regionals Wild Atlantic Dry Dog Food with decreasing portions of the current food until the transition is complete.
- Serve dry or lightly moistened with warm water for added flavor and hydration.
- Adult dogs should be fed once daily or divided into two meals for smaller breeds or those prone to overeating. Puppies can be fed two to three times daily.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Best if used by the date printed on the bottom of the bag.
Buying guide: How To Buy The Best Dog Food for Huskies?
When shopping for the best dog food for huskies, there are a few important things to keep in mind.
First and foremost, consider your husky’s individual needs. Different breeds of dogs require different nutrition levels and diet types. For instance, arctic breeds such as huskies may need more fat than other dog breeds due to their thick fur coats and cold weather heritage.
Additionally, some dogs may be more sensitive to certain ingredients such as wheat or corn while others may do well with these ingredients included in their diets. Knowing your husky’s specific dietary requirements will help you narrow down your search when selecting the right food for them.
Second, evaluate the quality of the ingredients contained within each dog food. Many commercial brands of dog food contain questionable ingredients such as fillers and artificial preservatives. These are not healthy options for your pup, so be sure to read the label carefully to ensure you’re only feeding them high-quality ingredients. Look for foods that are made with real meat as the primary source of protein and natural sources of carbohydrates such as brown rice, oatmeal, or sweet potatoes.
Third, look for dog foods specifically designed for huskies. Some companies specialize in making specialized formulas for certain breeds of dogs that are tailored to meet their specific nutritional needs. This is particularly true when it comes to breeds like huskies, who have unique requirements due to their large size and active lifestyle.
Finally, consider the cost of dog food. Prices can vary greatly from one brand to another, so do your research and compare prices before making a final decision. You should also consider customer feedback, as this can provide insight into how other pet owners feel about a particular brand or formula.
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to find the best dog food for huskies that meets both their nutritional needs and your budget. With just a bit of research and careful consideration, you’ll be able to find the perfect product for your pup!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. what is the best dog food for huskies?
The best dog food for huskies will be one that is tailored to their individual needs and provide them with the necessary nutrition. Look for foods that are high in protein, low in carbohydrates, and have essential fatty acids such as omega 3s and 6s.
Additionally, make sure it is age-appropriate if you have a puppy. Some great options include Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Grain-Free Dry Dog Food, Orijen Adult Dog Food – Grain-Free, Zignature Trout & Salmon Meal Formula Dry Dog Food, Acana Regionals Meadowland Dry Dog Food, and Blue Buffalo Wilderness High Protein Grain-Free Dry Dog Food.
2. What treats can I give my Husky?
When looking for treats to give your husky, you should look for treats that are low in calories and high in protein. Some good options include freeze-dried chicken or beef, fresh vegetables (like carrots or green beans), fruit (like apples or bananas), cooked eggs, and plain yogurt.
Avoid giving your husky treats with added sugars, salt, artificial preservatives, dyes, or flavors. Additionally, only give small amounts of treats as too many can lead to weight gain.
3. What other food items can I feed my Husky?
In addition to a balanced diet of quality dog food formulated specifically for huskies, you can also provide your pet with lean meats such as chicken breast or turkey breast. You can also add fish like salmon and tuna into their meals.
4. What should I look for when choosing food for my Husky?
When selecting a food for your husky, you should look at the ingredients list to ensure that it is made with quality and nutritious ingredients. Look for foods that are rich in protein, low in carbohydrates, and include essential fatty acids such as omega 3s and 6s.
You should also avoid any fillers or artificial additives. Additionally, consider whether the food is age appropriate – puppies typically need higher protein content than adults do.
5. How often should I feed my Husky?
Feeding schedules will vary depending on your dog’s age and activity level. Generally speaking, adult huskies can be fed twice daily on a regular schedule – once in the morning and once in the evening.
You should adjust the amount of food you feed based on your husky’s individual needs and weight. Puppies tend to need smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day.
Overall, the best food for a Husky is one that is nutritious and well-balanced. It should include high-quality proteins, healthy fats, natural sources of carbohydrates and vitamins to support their active lifestyle.
Go for foods that are grain-free if possible since huskies tend to be sensitive to grains. When in doubt, consult with your veterinarian to determine what works best for your pup!
With the right nutrition plan tailored to their individual needs, you can help ensure your Husky stays happy and healthy throughout their life!
No matter what type of diet you choose for your Husky, always make sure they have access to plenty of clean water throughout the day.
This will help keep them hydrated as well as prevent bladder and kidney issues. With the right nutrition, your pup will enjoy a long and happy life filled with adventure!
Thank you for reading! Always stay with The pet liker!! Have a nice day!!!
Hi, This is Parvez Khan. I’m the owner and chief editor of The PetLiker. I have couple of dogs as well as a cat. I’m observing those pets so closely over the years. On this website, I prefer to share all the experiences I gathered with my pets. Here I also like to explore the information that is relevant to pets.
Also, I write reviews about pet food and offer the best advice for keeping your pet healthy and active.